Preventing Account Fraud
- Protect personal and financial information. Never give account numbers, social security numbers, or other sensitive information to strangers.
- Question suspicious phone inquiries. Don’t give out financial information on the phone unless you initiated the call and know the other party. Notify us immediately if you’ve received suspicious calls claiming to come from First Fidelity Bank. Be especially wary of those requesting account information to “award a prize” or “verify a statement”.
- Take care in sharing financial information. Do not give out information unless you know the other party.
- Protect your ATM, telephone, and online banking information. Avoid using easily guessed passwords or PINs. Do not share such information with anyone or write them down.
- Report lost or stolen checks immediately.
- Periodically check your credit rating. Contact the major credit bureaus to ensure the accuracy and identify potential fraudulent activity. They can be contacted at the numbers below.
- Trans Union: 1-800-680-7289
- Equifax: 1-800-525-6285
- Experian: 1-888-397-3742
- If you suspect potential fraudulent activity, or information has been lost or stolen, you can contact First Fidelity Bank at:
First Fidelity Bank
P.O. Box 376
Burke, SD 57523